Duke’s Famous Bloody Bloody Mary
Duke’s Chowder House Recipe
Duke’s Famous Bloody Bloody Mary as seen in Yaching Northwest Magazine!
A slanted highball is a classic drink made in a happy little slanted glass. Nothing about the slanted highball is normal, but it will bring a smile to your face. This is the #1 selling drink at Duke’s. It’s nearly a meal in itself.
1 lime wedge
1½ oz Duke’s Bloody Mary Infused Vodka (see below)
5 oz Bloody Mary Mix (see below)
2 Salacious Sauteed Prawns (see below)
1 Tillen Farms asparagus spear
- Mix all ingredients.
1 oz Demitri’s Bloody Mary Seasoning
2 cups tomato juice
- Squeeze lime wedge into a 12-14 oz glass with a salted rim (below).
- Fill with ice and add Duke’s Bloody Mary Infused Vodka. Top with Bloody Mary Mix.
- Garnish with a skewer of 2 sautéed Prawns and an olive.
Drop in the asparagus spear.
Bloody Mary Mix
Makes enough for 3 Bloody Bloody Marys
6 Wild Mexican Prawns
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp fresh garlic, diced small
pinch Duke’s Ready Anytime Seasoning (see below)
1 tsp fresh organic herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano, stems removed from each), mixed
- In small sauté pan, heat olive oil and add Prawns and garlic.
- When Prawns are halfway done, about 2 minutes, add fresh herbs and continue cooking for 1 more minute or until Prawns have lost all translucency.
- Remove from heat and chill Prawns in the refrigerator.
Salacious Sauteed Prawns gf
Makes 6 Prawns—enough for 3 Bloody Bloody Marys
For Salted Rim: Pour kosher salt on a small plate. Rub a
lime wedge around the rim of the glass. Slowly rotate the
rim of the glass in the salt to adhere it.
750 ml New Amsterdam Vodka
(or your favorite brand)
½ roasted yellow pepper
½ roasted red pepper
½ lemon, sliced into ¼-inch wheels
½ lime, sliced into ¼-inch wheels
1 garlic bulb
¼ cup whole black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 375
- Slice one yellow and one red pepper in half. Remove stems and seeds.
- Slice the tips off of a whole bulb of garlic and place bottom-side down on a square of foil.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over exposed tips and wrap foil around bulb.
- Place peppers (skin side up) and foil-wrapped garlic on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast at 375 degrees.
- After 15 minutes, remove peppers and slice into quarters.
- Bake garlic for an additional 20 minutes (35 minutes total). Unwrap garlic and squeeze cloves into a large bowl.
- Add citrus slices, black peppercorns, roasted pepper slices and New Amsterdam Vodka (save the bottle). Cover and infuse for 2 days. Strain and discard solids. Using a funnel, return vodka-infused mixture to its bottle.
Duke ’ s Bloody Mary Infused Vodka
This Duke’s signature brings a spicy fresh flavor of peppers, lemon, lime, garlic and pepper to take your Bloody Mary up a notch. This fan favorite makes Duke’s Bloody Mary quite possibly the best Bloody Mary in town.
Duke’s Ready Anytime Seasoning gf
Makes approximately 3 cups
This is your go-to spice for French fries or anything broiled. It’s perfect for mixing up in a big batch and storing for use “anytime.” It’s savory and salty with a little heat, and herbs to mellow out the burn.
1 cup Kosher salt
⅓ cup + 2½ Tbsp lemon pepper
¼ cup pepper
¼ cup Creole seasoning
¼ cup granulated garlic
5 tsp dried oregano
5 tsp dried basil
5 tsp dried marjoram
5 tsp dried thyme
5 tsp dried rosemary
¼ cup sugar
- Mix all ingredients well and store in an airtight container.